You might not feel very comfortable with doing it, but in reality, setting boundaries is about communicating what you want and don’t want. I think on average, targets (who are often empaths) tend to be fairly strong communicators. We may often go into over-justifying our boundaries more than being poor at communicating boundaries in general.
- We may be inclined to over-justify our boundaries
- Abusers are notoriously bad at respecting boundaries
- Setting and maintaining boundaries is a skillset you can learn
- Happy healthy people typically accept boundaries
- While targetted by an abuser your boundaries are constantly under attack, so perhaps you are exhausted from defending your boundaries (rather than bad at it)
Listen To More Episodes Here