A topic that often comes up with our members or in our Facebook group, is that survivors sometimes feel so very triggered by the news. Especially when it is about a topic that is related to our experiences, but even other news stories can make us feel overwhelmed and unbalanced.
- The news is presented in a way to trigger emotional responses
- As survivors of abuse, our emotions are easily triggered, our nerves are raw
- This triggering counteracts our efforts to heal and calm our emotional selves
- You are not personally responsible for the state of the world
- You can make choices about what you do and do not allow in your life
Links to Resources
If you want to join the Facebook group, you can find it here.
Listen To More Episodes Here