Today I talk about the Terrifying Euphoria, a concept I reference a lot. It is something that I feel we often encounter in our healing journey.
- We sometimes identify with the trauma we have encountered in our lives
- As harmful as abuse is, it is familiar harm
- Escaping from abuse means stepping into the unknown
- It is hard to know who we are without the trauma, pain, and experiences
- The prospect of reinventing ourselves can be overwhelming, and scare us into staying still and not healing
Links to Resources
Join us on Facebook for support from your fellow survivors.
Since the recording, I have learned that the quote in this podcast is by Ebonee Davis
Listen To More Episodes Here